Having various new features added to it, the TicWatch C2 is an upgraded version of the TicWatch Classic with a newer design.
Mobvoi TicWatch C2 Specifications
|Dimensions (mm)||42.83×42.83×13.10 (20mm)|
|Colors||Black, Platinum (20mm)
Rose Gold (18mm)
|Display||1.3” AMOLED 360 x 360 px|
|Watch Case||Stainless steel (front)|
|Watch Strap||Genuine leather (interchangeable)|
|Operating System||Wear OS by Google|
|RAM/ROM||512MB RAM/ 4GB ROM|
|Processor||Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear 2100|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth v4.1, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n|
|GPS||GPS + GLONASS + Beidou|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Heart-rate sensor|
|Battery capacity||400mAh (1-1.5 days)|
Mobvoi TicWatch C2: Design and Appearance
TicWatch C2 lies in between the range of affordable smartwatches like the Ticwatch E or S and the premium high-end ones like TicWatch Pro. Hence it can be either considered as an upgraded version of the former or a toned-down version of the latter.
The upper body is made of stainless steel and the straps are of premium-like leather. Although the lower body is made up of cheap looking plastic, it is barely recognizable while wearing it. It has the length and breadth of 42.83 x 42.83 mm. The thickness depends on the color variant chosen.
It is available in the following colors:
- Onyx Black – It has a black stainless steel body along with a black leather strap. The main body has a thickness of 13.1 mm and the strap of 20 mm.
- Platinum Grey – It has a silver body having 13.1 mm thickness and comes with a grey leather strap of 20 mm thickness.
- Rose Gold – This variant has a rose-colored stainless steel body and comes with a cream colored leather strap. It has a slightly thinner appearance with the main body having 12.8 mm thickness and the strap having an 18 mm one.
Mobvoi Ticwatch C2: Display and Performance
The Mobvoi Ticwatch C2 has a 1.3-inch AMOLED display screen having a 360 x 360 resolution. This touch interface and the two provided buttons on the right side enables the user to navigate around the Wear OS UI.The TicWatch C2 has an IP68 rating and itis waterproof. Hence it is dust resistant and can handle daily usage with occasional spills, splashes or even some sweat without any problem. But the company strongly advises not to wear this smartwatch while going into the swimming pool, having a shower or any other activities dealing with large amounts of water.
It comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon wear 2100 and not the latest 3100 version. Yet it runs smoothly. It has a RAM of 512 MB and 4 GB of ROM.
Mobvoi TicWatch C2: Software and Features
The TicWatch C2 is running on the latest Wear OS by Google, which is more efficient than the previous Android Wear. This OS comes with a new design and provides quick access to any information by using the internet. The new notifications update allows the user to read all the messages with a simple glance. Being a Google product, it comes with the support of Google Assistant which can easily interact with the user and provides any necessary help any time of the day.It can pair with both Android and iOS smartphones. Yet, it is slightly better for Android users as they have a faster and smoother experience due to Google integrated services. It even supports NFC and hence the user can conduct wireless payments through Google Pay.
The smartwatch has the following additional features:
- Heart-rate Monitor – This feature requires the user to be still to give an accurate heart rate. It works kind of slow when asked for a reading in between an exercise or while running.
- GPS – It has GPS, GLONASS, and, Beidou together for more efficient tracking. Yet it can take a bit longer to connect when compared against other premium smartwatches.
- Health Fitness Apps – It also supports other fitness related apps like Strava and Google Fit which enables the user to get better readings.
- Music streaming: The Ticwatch C2 have the 4GB of Storage so you can store songs and connect with your wireless headphone and listed songs while morning walk.
- Third Party Apps: The watch supports other apps like Spotify, Uber, Foursquare, Google Fit etc.
- Smart Notifications: The apps have the feature to show you all notification of your smartphone on your wrist. To get them you need to pair with your smartphone through official TicWatch App.
Mobvoi TicWatch C2: Battery
The Mobvoi TicWatch C2 has the 400mAh cell which is able to last for 1-2 days depending upon the usage. For light and normal use, it can easily run for 2 days, but upon heavy usage through fiddling with numerous apps, the battery just lasts up to a single day.
This much duration is normal for most of the budget-friendly and middle-range smartwatches. The TicWatch C2 cannot compare to the premium grade TicWatch Pro, which can offer up to a month of timekeeping and step counting from a single charge. With just two days of battery, it is advisable to take off the device during the night and charge it.
For recharging the TicWatch C2, one has to use a proprietary charger which should be taken everywhere, if one wants to charge the watch anytime.
MobvoiTicWatch C2: Reviews
This smartwatch is extremely useful for people looking for one, but are limited by a tight budget. The features and specifications available at this attractive price make it stand out from among its other competitors in this segment.
The TicWatch can satisfy those buyers who are looking for a premium looking smartwatch at a low price with acceptable features. It can be a good assistant throughout the day, providing various types of help and services through its apps. Although it cannot compare to Apple’s or Samsung’s premium grade smartwatch during heavy usage, the differences are barely noticeable when TicWatch C2 competes with them during light and normal usage.
Mobvoi TicWatch C2: Price and Where to buy
The TicWatch C2 has a price of $199.99. The smartwatch is available on the official Mobvoi website. It is expected to arrive on Amazon soon.
This smartwatch is a good buy for users looking to buy one for the first time. This can help them to enjoy the standard features that one expects from a smartwatch without paying high prices.
The post Mobvoi TicWatch C2 Review: Perfect Combination of Design and Functionality under $200 appeared first on Technosoups.